Friday, October 30, 2009

September 27, 2009

So I have a lot of free time before Wicca. It's at 1300-1500. It's about 9:43 right now. We got up this morning at 5:45. On the weekends lights out is at 2200. We have a dorm chief which is in charge of us when our instructors aren't around. Ours is a fellow trainee that is 35 and has 6 kids. So she is pretty balls to the wall and pushes us...aka is bitchy. But that's what she has to do. So only 5 more weeks and it will all be over.


Basically my life is the same day after day. We get up, do PT, eat, shower, set up the dorm (make beds, dust everything with flip flops) and do detail (mine is tightening beds). I also have tunnel crew on Friday nights. The tunnel is where all the Sergeants and important people have their offices. So it's a little intimidating, but it's not too bad. There are about 8 of us and we knock it out within 45 minutes.

After detail we normally do drill stuff or go to class. Then we have lunch. Then more drill or class or processing. Then it's dinner time. Then we have our evening briefing as a flight. Our MTI hands out mail and we shower and get everything ready for the next day. It sounds pretty boring... well it is kinda dull. It's like being stuck in a basic training version of the movie Groundhogs Day.

We have lost 3 girls to various things (i.e. sickness, injuries). We will probably lose a few more. It's kind of a sad reality. I just better not be one of them. I'm never homesick. Oh wait, that's cause I don't have a home to be sick from. So i'm basically just missing friends and family and Chick-Fil-A and beer. Oh I'm also missing a long, amazing shower. I never feel clean! I also would like to sleep the whole night without waking up.

Okay so, I had to take a break to do drill for a minute. But I'm back now! I still have 40 mins til chow. Since I have a minute to actually think, I'll continue to try to think of stuff to share. The first week here (zero week) is the craziest. I've heard that 3rd week is pretty crazy too. After this next week I think it will all be down hill from here! Time is starting to go by faster. Which is good.

I have fun marching! It's nice when everyone is in step and we don't look like a hot mess. I think I'm losing more weight. Every week I feel a little smaller. I don't think it's anything crazy. I feel so disconnected from the world. Feel free to let me know any college football stats. I can't believe I'm missing it. I need to wrap this up. It's about time to go eat. I'm always hungry!

Kristine Amber Hunter-Lovelady

0 comments: