Thursday, me and 19 other members of my flight went to another squadron to work in the kitchen all day. We woke up at 2am and left at 3 to march about a mile and a half away from our squadron building. Just in case this is confusing, our squadron building is made up of about 10 dormitories and a bunch of classrooms and a dining facility. So I was in charge of cleaning off the trays and pushing them through the dishwasher. Sounds kinda easy, but when you got 4 trays coming at you at one time...not so much. Anywho, we (me and 5 other girls) were back in the Clipper (where we wash the trays, cups, plates, bowls and silverware). We did this for breakfast, lunch and dinner. So we started at 4 something and didn't leave til about 8 at night. After each meal, me and another girl had to clean where they serve the food. It took about an hour to do. So we all did a really good job. We really came together as a team. Tifre is one of my favorite girls in the flight. She is a tiny, black girl from Texas. We laugh a lot. We worked together in the clipper. We joke around a lot and pick on each other. We always say "you're gonna wake up dead tomorrow!" to each other. She has the cutest, tiny voice. It makes me laugh. She's my home girl. We had patio break and got to eat out of the vending machine. I didn't have any money of me. So Tifre hooked me up with a dollar and my friend Mitchell hooked me up with one too! Wingman concept! So since we never get sweets, I got a bag of peanut M&Ms and a rice krispy treat. Holy! I don't think I have ever enjoyed either one so much in my life! I was in heaven for about an hour today.
Friday, October 30, 2009
October 3, 2009
Okay, back to KP...my big splurge for working all day long was a granola bar (chocolate chip) and chocolate milk (which I love). I worked my ass off Thursday, but it was fun and I had fun with my girls.
Friday, we larned self and buddy care (SABC) and we learned how to drag people and carry people. It was fun. My friend Marianne Sheehan (GI Jane) is hilarious. We laugh all the friggin time (when we can). She is another one of my favs. During our 4 armed carry, I was laughing and I couldn't get my grip on her wrist. Luckily we were carrying a 90lb girl. Or I would have dropped her. We just get giggly around each other. You know me...I love to laugh! It well...just makes me happy! Life is too short to take it really serious.
We were buddies when we were doing the "chemical burn on the legs" station. We would take turns pretending to clean the wound, take the pants off and bandage the burn. So when we were done...I turned into the jokester. I leaned forward as she was laying on the ground and sang "looks like we made it" (Shania Twain, You're still the One) It was friggin hilarious. LOL! I'm laughing now just thinking about it. She laughed and we got in trouble. Figures! "There is nothing funny about being in war!" Now we sing that song and change the words to fit everything we are doing. It's really fun! I'm glad I have people to joke around with. It makes life much more bearable.
So that's my funny stories. Time is really starting to move and pick up the pace. This next week should really go by fast. I'll let you know what will happen.
Monday = getting fitted for our blues uniform/getting name tags on ABUs :)
Tuesday = all day in class/most likely PT eval
Wednesday = obstacle course
Thursday = open ranks, which is where...
We line up and they ask us a bunch of questions. This could make or break us! If we get a perfect score we get a 2 hour break to the mini mall. Which means we can eat good food! I just want ice cream! There is a BK in there too. So I might get an Angry Whopper! We will see how that goes. I know my stuff. So hopefully we will be "shit hot!" Well I'm trying to think if I have anything else. Oh
Friday = gas chamber.
I hear that we snot like nobody's business! I can't wait to tell you about that one!
I need to go to bed. I'm doin good. I hope to leave basic and say that I never broke down. I have teary eyed moments, but they are few and far between. I blame it on the menstrual cycle when it comes around. Speaking of the menstrual cycle. I think everyone is about to be on it...cause let me tell you. Everyone has been bitchy the last two days. Except for me...I'm always a ray of sunshine. Seriously I need to go to bed.
Kristi
Posted by Kristi at 3:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment