So I actually have some time. It's Sunday. I went to church with one of my wingmen (Jessica Lee). Aka Jett Lee. We have more nicknames. This girl in my flight (Rider) is a hairy girl. So I call her Chewy (after Chewbacca). It's fun. We all are actually doin good. Not killin each other. There has been tense moments, but no big fights or any major blow outs.
I was thinking the other day. I'm getting used to the ways of life here. It's normal now. It's the same thing week after week with a few twists here and there. 3 1/2 more weeks and I'll be able to talk and text again. I'm on the downhill slope! Almost there!
I'm really hungry right now. At least it's "grilled cheese sunday" for lunch. I've started to memorize the food schedule. My favorite is BBQ chicken sandwich Fridays! My mouth just watered! I had my first MRE (meals ready to eat). It consisted of lemon lime gatorade powder, one brown sugar cinnamon pop-tart...which is my favorite kind. Raveoli, crackers, and some other stuff I traded with people for. I got to have trail mix, Twizzlers, cookies. Basically they give you a bunch of crap to eat. 1300 calories in one MRE! Next week is BEAST week! It's our week in the field. I think it will be pretty fun. Then after that, time will go by so fast. Thank goodness! I'm so glad.
So I'm still making more friends. It's funny how week after week I get closer to different girls. There is a girl from my flight, Ashlyn Schmidt. She is 4'10"! And you think I'm short! she is adorable! So tiny and cute. I told her she is like a puppy that never grows up! Anywho, she knew I didn't get any letters, so her mom wrote a random letter of encouragement to a trainee that wasn't receiving a lot of mail. This girl gets at least 2-6 letters a day! I got 3 this week. So anywho, it was cute and thoughtful. So don't worry about me. I have a few wingmen watching my back. Don't forget about your little trainee out in San Antonio. Oh the weather is crazy here. It's either hot and sunny or cold and rainy. I can't think of anything else to share. Wednesday I might be able to sneak another letter, but not sure.
Kristi

0 comments:
Post a Comment