Friday, October 30, 2009

September 26, 2009

I am excited for the time to go by.  3 weeks down!  5 more to go!

Time is starting to go by faster.  I think the next week is going to be crazy.  I keep myself out of trouble... for the most part.  I got in trouble once for announcing "Gentlemen entering the dorm" when there was already a man in the dorm.  Not a big deal.  A few push ups and flutter kicks later...good as new.  I'm slowly getting stronger!  I can do like 15 push ups without dying! :)

We store all our clothing in a wall locker.  I was one of the few that passed the first time around.  Everything has to be perfect.  Things have to be grounded to the side, flush with this or that.  Everything perfectly folded or rolled.  No dust... or loose strings.  It's what we spend the majority of our evening time doing.  But we worked out a laundry system and we wear the same stuff every other day.  so stuff stays folded.  I got yelled at once for screwing up.  Not a huge deal.  I'm doing pretty good still!  I'm not the dumbest and not the smartest!  I think lack of sleep doesn't help my memory.

Today they came through our dorm and made it a hurricane.  Clothes everywhere.  Everyone's stuff was everywhere.  We get things perfect and then they destroy it.  I think the official term is call a "shake-down".  They start banging on the lockers and yelling at everyone.  It's pretty chaotic, but I just keep my "military bearing." :)  I'm mentally tough when it comes to getting yelled at.  It doesn't bother me.  I even had two girls tell me that they thought I handle everything really well.  I think being 25 and knowing that it's just a game makes it easier.  Some girls can't handle being called "stupid" or "female" or "little freak."  It's amazing to me that they take it personal.  I'm just here to do my time and get out.

I have a lot of little stories to share, but when I write, I can't remember what to say.  I'm making more friends and I feel like my flight of 46 girls is slowly coming together.

I'm going to the Wicca service again tomorrow.  Last week I went to the ceremony and we got "cakes and ale" aka box juice and 2 nilla wafers.  We don't get sweets.  Fruit is as sweet as it gets.  I am eating healthy and only drink water and gatorade every meal.  I feel better.  It's amazing what exercise and a good diet can do.

I think it was Tues or Wed I had to take a flight physical cause I might be riding around in airplanes doing ATC.  I am guessing that was it at least.  Anywho, urinated in a cup, drew blood and did an EKG.  My heart is good.  I did more vision stuff...eyes are good too.  Well the moral of the story is we had two box lunches and in these box lunches were...ready for this OREOS!  Holy Snickees!  I savored the flavor!  So I was a happy kid.

We just switched around beds last night, so the flight would function better.  It's true, it did make it better.  I even got a 5 min shower tonight! :)  It's kinda funny how not shy everyone is.  We all just run around naked and could care less.  So before I moved beds in the bay, I was living next to the "ghetto".  At least that's what I called it.  It was a group of about 5 black girls.  When they got together...it was bad news.  Loud, lazy and flat out annoying.  So luckily they split that clan up!

We also learned how to fight with our M16A2 training weapon!  It was fun.  We did some tactical marching...which was boring.  I was pretending that I was shooting people! :)  We also beat up dummies with our weapons.  It was fun too.  Oh and we low crawled in the sand!  We had sand everywhere!  I had it all on my face and in my ABUs, in my weapon.  It was a mess.  So we learned how to fight.  The end.

Next week is first aid week.  Aka First Aid and Buddy Care.  It should be fun.  Next week we are doing the obstacle course and shoot guns!  Woot!  We get our name tags too.  I don't know if I already said that, but next Monday...the 4th or 5th...we will get our name tags on our ABUs... Then it's official, Hunter-Lovelady will be on my chest! :)

I'm adapting pretty well to the environment.  It will be interesting if I take any habits with me after basic.  I don't think I will.  But who knows. I sure as hell don't want to roll my socks and fold everything perfectly!  I know that once or twice a year I will have a physical test that I have to pass.  So I can't get fat! :)  I can't wait to get to tech school.  I can't wait to get my phone back!  Freedom...sweet, sweet freedom.  I miss it.

Kristi

0 comments: